The Fa. W. Van Wijk was founded in 1898 by Dhr. Willem van Wijk, who was a miller and who wanted to earn some extra money by catching and trading fish. Willem van Wijk had 12 children, many of whom continued fishing, including Nicolaas van Wijk. This established itself in 1966 on the Ammersekade, where the company W. van Wijk is still located today. Today, the vof is headed by Alida, Wim and Maria van Wijk.
The company meets the latest European requirements in the field of quality and hygiene and has been scoring 100% for many years during the inspections by the VWA.
In 1898 the fish was transported in braided baskets by horse and cart, now the 10 truck combinations transport the live eel and freshwater fish. A crane / boat wagon is available for the fishing projects.